Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A New Chapter on the Columbine Shooting

I found this article about Columbine saying that there were a lot of false information being given out at the time. The article stated that police were just talking to reporters without actually knowing what was going on. Also, the article gave more information about the shooters as well. According to the article, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold was never bullied. Harris was suppose to be this great student but the people that were supposedly his friends, never invited Harris to ever hang out with them. While Harris was a good student, Klebold was suppose to be sudicidal and depressed. It's great that this information, if credible, is coming out now. But my question is, why wait ten years later to release this information. The families that were involved in this tragedy deserves to know everything about the situation if they desire to. You would figure that since the Columbine shooting was on live television that they would have told us the truth around that time frame. It's a shame that the families involved in this incident have to be reminded about the shooting and that they were being lied to for the past 10 years.

Here is the link: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-04-13-columbine-myths_N.htm?se=yahoorefer

I want to take this time and say thank you all for taking the time and reading my blogs for the semester. I have enjoyed reading everybody's blogs as well.

4 comments:

  1. I read that article, and actually, I blogged about it too. hahaha. I feel like the saying "Everything is better with age" rings true to this scenario. They probably waited ten years, because often times, time reveals something previously overlooked during times of chaos. Additionally, it's comforting to believe what you want to believe in a tragic moment to help you cope with the experience.

    In short I think it's great that they revisited Columbine 10 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do wonder why so much time has gone by before revealing this latest information. Because so much time has passed, I have to wonder just what is accurate about the event at this point. I agree, if this information was available earlier, it would have been better at the time to release it instead of waiting. By releasing it now, it seems like another sensationalist excuse to further discuss one of our nation's most heartbreaking tragedies. And your blogs have been great, Jalil. I'm still laughing over the SyFi Channel! Thanks for your humor and insight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's Crazy! I remember how sad this was for me as a viewer, not to mention how sad it must have people who were involved. I can't believe information like this is just coming to the surface 10 years later. I would have been better to know that the families were putting this behind them and maybe finding peace in themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly think they should not have brought up anymore information about it because now this will do nothing but cause the families who have suffered to be reminded of this tragedy. It's sad that it took them ten years to be honest with the world but maybe they should have only given that information to the families and not for everyone to have to remind them of it. I understand the media loves to cover drama or new discovered information but this was a little too far for me.

    ReplyDelete