Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Deal Made in Heaven

For those of you who have a DirecTv, I’m pretty sure that you all are familiar with the Sunday Ticket. For those of you not familiar with this, the Sunday Ticket is a package that you can buy that will enable to watch all the National Football League games for the entire season. On Monday, the NFL and DirecTv extended their deal for another five years for 1 billion dollars. I was glad to hear this because I’m an owner of DirecTv and I’m a huge St. Louis Rams fan. I haven’t missed a Rams game for the past 6 years now. For my family and I, Sunday is not only a religious day but also a day to relax with friends and family, to watch football. I think that this was brilliant move by DirecTv because ever since they have added the Sunday Ticket package, they have gained more and more customers every year. If you love football, I suggest that you subscribe to DirecTv.

5 comments:

  1. Did you say, 1 billion? Wow, that's alot of touchdowns. But I guess this is a deal that works for everyone. The NFL gets a ton of money plus great exposure, DirecTv gets big money from advertisers and subscribers, and the fans get to choose which teams to watch instead of dealing with blackouts or a regional contest that may be boring. Sounds like so much more fun to get together with friends for an exciting contest than a ho-hum snorefest that is predetermined by your particular region.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a really good way to gain or maintain viewers. I never knew about this "sunday ticket." But, it sounds pretty neat. The only thing better in my opinion would be minus the football brain pollution and add sunday all access Sex and the City marathons! But, thats just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really enjoy this idea alos, and i really hope that this method spreads out to other sport like basketabll and maybe even college football. many of the college games ar eplayed on school nbights and i can rarely catch them. the idea of the sunday football game is a little easier becuase normally people have tim eon sundays, i mean it is suppose to be the day of rest. but the fact that Tv is adjusted is inspiring becuase i hop ein the near future that this concept spreads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont do football like that but that was a great investment for the company. I wonder how much it will now because as we all know the cost of everything is going up, unfortunately.

    I hope that the economic situation won't actually negatively impact the move because people don't have the extra money to get anymore features than they need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have DirectTv and I do enjoy it more than cable, I've experienced both, but I don't have the Sunday ticket. I'm not a big football fan.

    I agree when you say that it was a good move for DirectTV to extend their deal because a lot of people are huge football fans, and it will generate a lot of revenue for them.

    Then again, maybe people will just go out to sports bars.

    ReplyDelete