Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Watchmen

“Watchmen” was the big movie that came out this past weekend. “Watchmen” led the movie box office this week even though there are a lot of other good movies out there. “Tyler’s Perry Madea Goes to Jail”, was in second place. I found this kind of surprising because Tyler Perry’s movies reach across a broad audience with its life lessons and comedy. “Watchmen” is just the first big movie coming out this year. By the summer time we will have Transformers 2, Origins of the X-Men: Wolverine, G.I Joe, and many other movies out in theaters. I’m surprised that “Watchmen” attracted this big audience because this movie is based off a graphic novel. Then again, “300” was based on a graphic novel as well and they had good success too. When I first saw the preview of “Watchmen”, I had mixed emotions because the visual effects look awesome but the heroes looked corny as hell. But when I found out what the plot was about, I became very interested. There are mixed opinions about this movie. But whenever I get the chance, I’m going to the theatres to watch this movie.

5 comments:

  1. This movie, no doubt, raises significant questions about our future on this planet, what we are doing to it and how we are treating each other. However, it probably does so using excessive violence and disturbing scenes of man's inhumanity to man. I just can't take it anymore, though I probably miss out on some thoughtful stories because of my inability to stomach scenes of gratuitous gore. Yet, I am obviously out of touch with the mainstream since "Watchmen" was the top box office movie. I tell you what Jalil--you see it, and let me know what happens, Ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very surprised that movie did that well. I mean the plot does sound slightly different from the 2,000 other superhero movies that have been released in the last few years. So maybe since it does contain some slight differentation from the other movies like it then I can see it doing okay in the box office. I know I wont be rushing out to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoroughly enjoyed that movie! It had a lot of good life lessons, and it was set around the nixon era, and the 60s and 70s, but it also had some modern day twists.

    The plot line has nothing to do with the gay costumes as much as it has to do with humanity, and the reasons why we go to war.

    You should watch it.

    I enjoyed 300, but not nearly as much as I enjoyed watching Watchmen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saw the movie watchment the veryfirst viweing and i loved it in an overall sense. the beginning took a while to get to the point and to build a plot, but once the idea and the story line fell into place, the rest of the movie was just efffects and action, which really grabbed my attention. also the nudity and the visual showing of the accidents and groosum body parts were very unexpected, but did add a little difference to the movie when compared to tother superhero movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know a movie by the name of Watchmen was even out. I guess you never really know how a movie will turn in the end until the box office reviews comeout.

    I guess now that you have mentioned it, I have to go this unexpectedly good movie!

    ReplyDelete